Monday, July 29, 2013

First Impressions & Review: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Stick


 These babies are eyeshadow miracle workers. Let's get the boring stuff out of the way shall we? Firstly, these are drugstore products, so they retail (depending on where you live) for approx. $4-9. For the amount of product as well as how bloody amazing these are, I certainly think its worth the price. 

I'm going to start with my negatives on this one. I don't particularly like the texture these have while applying. You have to be really gentle and mindful not to press down on the sticks too hard, or the tips will break off (this has happened several times because apparently I'm not graceful with product usage). I don't like that I have to stop and make sure I'm being careful enough not to ruin these.

That being said, these are so versatile; they can be used as bases, liners or plain old eyeshadows. As bases, they set well and provide a good colour for under other shadows (they also don't budge). As a liner, this will not smudge. I've used it both as a tightline and waterline product and neither transferred or smudges significantly, making them an everyday product for me. They are waterproof, so keep in mind they can be a bit of a bother to remove. As plain old eyeshadow, I think they work best in the crease or as a pop of colour in the middle of the lid. They're easily blendable but once set, won't fade.

As far as pigmentation goes, it only takes one swipe for a full blast of colour. As you can see, I went wild on my colour choice (ha!). I picked up 001 Witness White, 003 Bad Girl Bronze, and 008 Blackmail.


001 Witness White

This is a shimmery, light white that brightens up inner corners and works as a great highlight. My favourite use for this colour is as a base because it gives an even colour.

OO3 Bad Girl Bronze
This one is great for a natural brown shadow look. Also great for smoking up a dark brown smokey eye. One of my favourites as a liner because it matches several looks.

008 Blackmail
Perfect for waterline and tighlining. Takes smokey eyes to a new level. Slightly shimmery, but not overly noticeable and can be blended out if that's what you're looking for. 

Also, I wanted to throw in the waterproof pencil because it's just amazing. This one is in the shade 005 Nude, which gives the perfect natural look to the tightline. It cancels out redness and lasts longer than any other pencil on my waterline. I also like to use this as  base if I don't plan on doing much to my eyes because it holds its colour and goes well with my skin tone.



2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I just discovered your blog and I love it :)
    After reading your review, I really want to try one of these eyeshadows. They look great :)

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete