Saturday, July 20, 2013

First Impression & Review: Marcelle BB Cream (Light to Medium)


Hey there folks, today's up for another first impression and review of the Marcelle BB Cream, which has quickly become part of my everyday makeup routine. 

I love a full coverage when it comes to foundation, but you should know upfront that this product will not provide like a full coverage foundation. This BB Cream does, however, claim to moisturize, even out and brighten skin, and help protect and improve skin's appearance. 

When I use this product, I typically moisturize first because my skin does tend to get dry. I then apply it with my Real Technique's Buffing Brush to get more coverage, or with my fingers for a lighter application. It's a sheer enough coverage that I feel the need to add concealer on problem areas, and then I set with a powder and continue with my everyday makeup products.

The consistency is a little thicker than a typical liquid foundation but I'd still consider it a liquid. It smooths onto the skin beautifully and blends seamlessly, leaving a matte finish. There's no SPF in this BB Cream, which I'm not complaining about because I don't need to worry about flashback. 

Although this is a light coverage, it can be built up with a few extra layers to gain coverage without looking cakey. I also like to set this in place with Mac's Fix+, which contributes to a flawless look on the skin. 

I have two shades out of the three available. Light to Medium is a good match for my skin but since it is so blendable, I can also use Medium to Dark if need be. Also, since I've been getting a bit tanner, blending them together has made for a good shade as well. The last shade I believe is supposed to suit all skin tones, but I'm generally wary of those because everyone's skin tone is different. I really don't think there can be a single shade that would suit everyone. 

Have you tried Marcelle's BB Cream? What did you think? Do you prefer a foundation to BB Cream?

4 comments:

  1. i really want to try out a BB cream! they look really good :)

    http://beccahearts.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are a great alternative to foundation for those lighter days. I haven't touched my Mac Studio Fix in months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely prefer a medium foundation, but I usually wear my Garnier BB to school although I would love for them to have one more suited to pale skin! We would love for you to check out our blog and tell us what you think:-)

    Rona and Laura xox

    http://lanarosabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Garnier's BB Cream, but I've heard great things! I'll check it out.

      Delete