Thursday, July 18, 2013

Favourite Brow Products


First up is applicators! Before doing anything else, I always brush out my brows with the Eco Tools Lash and Brow Groomer. When using a powder or gel to do my brows, I always grab my Real Techniques Brow Brush, which is angled for precision and perfect for filling in my brows. After using any of the products below, I also blend out with my Eco Tools brush to evenly disperse product. Tip: If you don't have a spooley brush, clean the wand of an old mascara and use that! Works just as well (make sure to get all the mascara off the wand though, if you don't you might look a little too bold). Personally, I don't set my eyebrows with any sort of gel just because I never felt the need to and hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The Natural Look:
For natural brows, I always gravitate towards the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Eyeshadow Quad in 824 Landscape. I use the colour on the top right (#1), which is an ashy, cool toned taupe sort of colour. I think it looks really natural in my dark brown hair and would work well for lighter hair colours as well. Any colour similar to this would work pretty well. I like to apply it with my brow brush in small strokes, normally only where the hair is more sparse and needs some colour. If you want a natural look, brush the hair up with a spooley brush and follow the natural arc of your brows. Fill in only where necessary and don't extend the tail. Brush through again with the spooley to disperse product evenly.

The Bold Look:
If I want brows to look strong and last, I use Make Up Forever's Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector.  I can't stress this enough, a little bit of this product goes a long way. I normally barely squeeze a small dot onto my hand and this lasts me both brows and then some. I usually exaggerate the arc of my brows with this, easily making them look fuller and extending the tail slightly for a bolder look. This stuff is waterproof, sweatproof, heatproof whatever you want to call it. It lasts. I have also used it for lighter looks but it can be wonderfully built up to as bold as your little heart desires. I always brush it through with a spooley to make it look a bit more natural and less drawn on.

In the Middle:
This is probably the brow product that I use the least out of my favourites. Mac's Penultimate Brow Marker  is great for fast application. I don't particularly like the colour payoff as it is a warmer tone, but perfect if I'm on the run and all I care about is not having sparse eyebrows. It's also great to throw into your purse and do on the go. Small strokes is key, and always always blend out with a spooley. I also find this doesn't last as long as a powder does on my skin, but again, gets the job done. 

How do you do your brows? Which look do you prefer?

6 comments:

  1. I prefer the natural look, I just fill in my brows but still keep the natural shape x

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same! Although the waterproof gel I mentioned is perfect for scorching hot weather, so I don't mind my brows looking a little bolder then :)

      Delete
  2. This is helpful! I never fill in brows so when I need to I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing...I usually attempt to do a more natural look! I think it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know what you mean, the first time I did my brows I think they ended up looking like caterpillars. Still not a pro but I'm getting better!

      Delete
  3. I use pencil for my eyebrows honestly, I think brows play a big part in people's appearance! I do love the arched look, I used to get HD eyebrows but its expensive getting them done monthly! I do love the natural look aswell though but my eyebrows are really thin! I enjoyed reading this blog check mine out if you have time x x http://momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough I've never tried a pencil to fill in my brows! I should give it a go and see how it works, but I'm so in love with Make Up Forever's Aqua Brow that I can't part with it.

      Delete