Friday, July 19, 2013

First Impressions & Review: Maybelline's The Falsies Big Eyes


This little bugger caught my eye straight away. I should mention before we get started that I did purchase mine in the waterproof formula (which tends to hold a curl better than non-waterproof formulas and doesn't smudge). Also, volume is important to me in a mascara. I'm ridiculously picky about this sort of thing, but it's just how I do. Anyway, on to the fun stuff!

I was mostly interested in this mascara because I've been searching for a smaller wand to use on my lower lashes. To be honest.. that was it. I'm more than happy with my Maybelline's The Falsies mascara for my upper lashes as it is. This one does give a different look however, so it's worth a try.



Upper Lash Wand:
This mascara goes above and beyond when it comes to lengthening and distinguishing each lash from the next. I was surprised at how well it separated and coated lashes within one or two swipes. One coat would have been enough but I opted for two, just to test. Although I didn't expect this mascara to volumize my lashes, it did. It was just about my perfect combination of length and volume all in one.The curl held up all day long; no smudges, no complaints. After applying this in the morning I can confidently say my lashes looked exactly the same as I was preparing to remove it at night. Needless to say, I was very very impressed.

Lower Lash Wand:
Nice and small for getting onto those teeny little lashes. My only complaint with this is that I found it didn't thicken or volumize my lashes at all, it kind of just made them known. I know lower lashes typically aren't as bold as the upper lashes but I was hoping for a little more with this wand. Regardless of this, it didn't smudge and that's an A+ in my book.

Removal: 
I was dreading removing this mascara. Dreading. It.
Can you blame me? It's the waterproof formula, and those are NEVER fun to remove. I used a no name waterproof makeup remover on one eye and Bioderma on the other, to make sure I wasn't testing the skill of my removers but rather the mascara itself. Both worked generally well, but Bioderma being a stronger solution was able to remove the product more successfully. Not as bad as I had anticipated though. In short, certainly not the worst.

Have you tried out this mascara or another Maybelline mascara? Do you prefer high end brands?

6 comments:

  1. im defs gonna try this out because i love maybeline the falsies normally!!

    http://beccahearts.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good contender! I have the Falsies in the normal formula so this one is my go-to when I need waterproof!

      Delete
  2. i wanna try this!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog, check out mine? Just starting out:) http://itsmereeceyp.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete