Monday, July 29, 2013

Favourite Lipsticks!


Hey there folks! Sorry I've been MIA, but I'm back with my four of my favourite everyday lipsticks and swatches. (Sorry if the colours look off, my lighting ain't so good). I like to apply a chapstick before lip liner, and then follow with the lipstick. 

MAC A52 Creme Cup (approx. $15)
This is one of Mac's creemsheen lipsticks, which is a fancy way of saying that its pretty glossy without adding a gloss on top of it. Fun fact: this was actually my first ever MAC lipstick, hence the overuse and mistreatment of my tube (sorry!). This colour is gorgeous, really light pink and a really girly colour. It balances as a nude for me because I find that more skin toned colours wash me out. The one bone to pick with this one is its formula; I prefer matte to glossy lipsticks and this one can be very drying and gather in the dry crevases of your lips. Just something to keep in mind. 

Rimmel's Kate Moss Lasting Finish 109 (approx. $9)

This lipstick is for my more bold days when I'm looking for long lasting, bold lips. Let me start off by saying this formula is glorious. By far my favourite drugstore lipsticks at the moment simply because they have such a nice (matte!) finish and lasting colour. This colour is very coral and borderline orange, but paired with a pink lip liner I find it suits me well (as coral is hard for me to wear). This lipstick is so versatile; I like to dab it on my lips for days when I want more of a long lasting stain that doesn't look as harsh. Definitely give this line a try!

Make Up Forever Natural N19 (approx $23)

This is the go-to colour for those days when I'm running out the door and trying not to look like a mess! I like to say this colour is my lip colour, only better. It truly enhances the natural colour to my lips but adds a subtle pink sheen to them that just looks flawless. It's the sheerest of my favourites but definitely worth it. 

MAC AC2 Lovelorn (approx. $15)



This formula is definitely one of the better ones as far as Mac goes for me. It's not as glossy as the cremesheen, but not totally matte either. In fact, its probably the perfect in between. Its a much deeper pink than Creme Cup so again, for my more daring days when I want to look put together. More moisturizing than the cremesheen as well, overall a great lipstick (and for $15 you can't go wrong)


Left to right: Mac (Creme Cup), Rimmel (109), Make Up Forever (N19), Mac (Lovelorn)

What are your favourite lipsticks? Do you change colours seasonally?

2 comments:

  1. the make up forever one is really pretty! i have creme cup too, its great :)

    http://beccahearts.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice everyday colour! Ahh creme cup, it brings me back.

      Delete